It’s splat or be splatted.
The squid kids called Inklings are back to splat more ink and claim more turf in this colourful and chaotic 4-on-4 action shooter.
For the first time, take Turf War battles on-the-go with the Nintendo Switch system, and use any of the console's portable play styles for intense local multiplayer action. Even team up for 4-player co-op fun in Salmon Run.
Two years later.
Two years have passed since the original Splatoon game was released, and two years have also passed in Inkopolis. So expect a fresh wave of fashion, not to mention some weapons and gear. Dual wield the Splat Dualies or stick to mainstays like chargers and rollers, which have been remixed with strategic possibilities. As always, Turf War is the favoured sport among Inklings, but they also dig ranked battles, taking down Octarians in a robust single-player campaign, and battling enemy Salmonids in one dangerous part-time job! No matter which way you play, splat at home or on-the-go with Nintendo Switch. Staying fresh never felt so good.
Team up for Salmon Run.
There's a curious employment agency called Grizzco in Inkopolis Square where you can find a part-time job. It's dangerous work though! Work as a team to take out incoming Salmonid and collect the Power Eggs they leave behind. You can then sell these Power Eggs and use the proceeds to pay for enhanced weapons and gear.
In order to gather the Power Eggs, you'll need to enter dangerous terrain where the Salmonid live. It's too dangerous to go alone, so you'll form a team of between two and four players.
- Latest weapons – Splat Dualies.
- Local and Online Multiplayer.
- More ways to play – Use the Joy-Con or the Pro Controller (sold separately).
- Free Updates - post-launch, adding fresh content.
- Smart Device Support - set play appointments + voice chat with friends.
- Customise – Change your Inkling's style with different weapons, headgear, clothes, and shoes.
- amiibo - Compatible with all Splatoon series amiibo figures.