Alice: Madness Returns is an Action-Adventure game that delves deep into the dark and violent side of the imagination, creating a nightmarish Wonderland where Alice must face the demons that haunt her visions. Visit the grim reality of Victorian London and then travel to the beautiful yet ghastly Wonderland to uncover the root of Alice's madness and discover the truth behind a deadly secret, kept hidden for years. Features include: upgradable melee weapons and magic abilities, a shattered gameword filled with altered versions of Lewis Carroll's famous characters and intuitive and rewarding puzzle play.
Return to a Very Different Wonderland
Eleven years ago a horrific fire took Alice's family from her and left her mind horrifically scarred. Afterwards she was confined to Rutledge Asylum where she struggled to confront her demons by slipping slipping further into her fantasy world of Wonderland. Now, after ten years, she has finally secured her release - yet she still bears the heavy psychological burden of that tragic event.
With her mind in tatters, she is unable to resolve the fear prompted by her strange memories, dreams, and visions. Perhaps she'll do better in Wonderland. She always has. She travels there, seeking what the "real" world can't provide: security, knowledge, and the truth about the past. But in her absence, Wonderland too has suffered. Something has gone horribly wrong, and now a great evil is descending upon what once was her beautiful refuge. Can Alice save Wonderland -- and herself -- from the madness that consumes them both?
Alice: Madness Returns like the original 2000 game release for PC that it is a sequel to, is a third-person, single player, action game that incorporates platforming and combat gameplay. Playing as Alice players retreat into Wonderland for comfort from the real world, only to find it in even more shambles than before. Yet this world that exists in Alice's head holds the secrets to her repressed memories and the truth behind the murder of her family. Players must fight their way across this world using a mixture of melee weapons, magic and puzzle-solving and platforming skills to defeat a variety of enemy types, each with particular strengths and weakness. By besting each, players collect in-game currency that can be used to upgrade weapons and skills. In addition to combat players also must explore every corner of this strange world to find clues, messages and potions that help to literally unlock memories that will finally expose the truth behind the madness.
Key Game Features
- Intense 3rd-person Action - Use multiple upgradeable melee weapons, including the explosive Teapot Cannon, the punishing Hobby Horse, and the classic Vorpal Blade.
- Explore a Dark and Shattered Wonderland - Encounter familiar, but now strange characters including the Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter, the Caterpillar and the Red Queen.
- Magical Abilities - Obtain peculiar abilities in Wonderland such as floating with Alice's dress, shrinking and growing to towering sizes in order to crush enemies.
- Interactive Puzzles - Intuitive and rewarding puzzles such as transforming obstacles, musical memories chess and picture blocks.
- A Visually unique Gameworld - Delight in the whims of the ever-changing visual aspects of the gameworld which visually affect everything in the game, including Alice and her attire.
Complete Collection includes:
The main Alice Madness Returns Game
- Octo-grinder- this weapon increases ammo limit and provides double the ammo. An enhanced version of the Pepper Grinder.
- Knightmare- restores gamers’ health with each hit. An enhanced version of the Hobby Horse
- Catnip Cannon— This weapon increases damage to enemies by 50 percent. An enhanced version of the Teapot Cannon
- Vorpal Cleaver— This weapon reduces damage from enemies by 50 percent. An enhanced version of the infamous Vorpal Blade
- The Fleshmaiden Dress causes hysteria at any time.
- The Hattress -causes a player to lose teeth instead of health.
- The Checkmate Dress -deals out double the damage for all weapons.
- The Late but Lucky Dress- imbues a player’s health with the power of Shrinking Violets.
- The Cheshire Dress —disables all Rose Drops from enemies.
- The Caterpillar Dress —keeps Shrink Sonar active.
The original American McGee’s Alice
Includes the original 2000 PC game American McGee’s Alice. This game is available at the Main menu of Alice: Madness Returns.
- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista with SP2, Windows XP with SP3
- Processor: Intel Core2 Duo (or equivalent) running at 1.60GHz or greater; AMD Athlon X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.60GHz or greater
- Memory: 2048MB or greater
- Hard Disk Space: 8.5 GB
- Video Card: *NVIDIA GeForce 7600 256MB or ATI Radeon X1650 256MB or greater
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- *NVIDIA GeForce 8400, 9400, 210; ATI Radeon HD 2400, HD 3200, HD 4300 as well as integrated versions of supported chipsets are below minimum system requirements