NOTE: THIS CONTENT REQUIRES THE BASE GAME - THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD - ON NINTENDO IN ORDER TO PLAY
The expansion pass enables you to pre-purchase content. The content below will be included:
Expansion Pass Bonus: Available 3/3/2017
Three treasure chests with in-game clothing exclusive to the expansion pass will be added to the Great Plateau. Explore to discover their locations!
DLC Pack 1 – The Master Trials: Available 6/30/2017
The Master Trials pack includes:
- Trial of the Sword: Defeat all enemies in 45 rooms to claim your prize. You’ll begin the fight without armor or weapons and must defeat all enemies in a room to move to the next. Clear every room to awaken the Master Sword, so that it stays powered up.
- Hero's Path Mode: Hero’s Path mode tracks every step you take, so you can watch the last 200 hours of your journey unfold on the map, and use a slider to scroll through a timeline. This works retroactively, so players who have already started the game will also be able to use this feature. Use this to find those shrines and Koroks that are still eluding you!
- Master Mode: In Master Mode, enemies gradually regain health, so take them out as quickly as possible. All enemies are also powered up by one level. For example, Red Bokoblins in Normal Mode are now Blue Bokoblins. Enemies can also have higher maximum levels than they would in Normal Mode. Look up, and you may also find enemies and treasure chests in the sky!
- Travel Medallion: Somewhere in the world, there is a chest with a Travel Medallion inside. When you use this, you can register your current location as a fast travel point on the map. You can only register one location using the Travel Medallion.
- Eight new clothing items: Hidden around Hyrule are eight new items inspired by past entries in The Legend of Zelda series. Items include Majora's Mask, Midna's Helmet, Tingle's Hood, Tingle's Shirt, Tingle's Tights, Phantom Helmet, Phantom Armor, and Phantom Greaves.
- Korok Mask: The Korok Mask is also hidden in a treasure chest somewhere in the world. When Link wears this mask, it will shake whenever a hidden Korok is near.
DLC Pack 2 – The Champions' Ballad: Available 12/7/2017
- The Champions' Ballad: A mysterious voice beckons Link to challenge the Divine Beast Tamer's Trials. He must now prove himself by defeating enemies using the One-Hit Obliterator, conquering new Shrines, challenging a full dungeon, and overcoming many trials along the way. Once all challenges and trials have been bested, Link will obtain a new power known as the Master Cycle Zero! Additionally, the bard Kass is traveling Hyrule to complete the unfinished song his teacher left behind. As Link and Kass chase their respective goals, Kass will share new original songs he wrote capturing lost memories of the four Champions and Zelda, previously unknown to Link. But that unfinished song... What could it be? *To play The Champions' Ballad, you must first complete the Main Quest to free the four Divine Beasts.
- 9 clothing items hidden in treasure chests: Items honoring the legacy of The Legend of Zelda series will be hidden in 9 treasure chests scattered across Hyrule, including the Island Lobster Shirt, Ravio's Hood, Zant's Helmet, Phantom Ganon Skull, Phantom Ganon Armor, Phantom Ganon Greaves, and a Royal Guard outfit (complete with Royal Guard Cap, Royal Guard Uniform, and Royal Guard Boots).
- Ancient Horse Gear: The Ancient Bridle will increase a horse's number of spurs while equipped. The Ancient Saddle will allow you to call your horse no matter how far away they are. Both of these items will appear in treasure chests somewhere in Hyrule.