The Pro Range is aimed toward the serious train simulation enthusiast looking for a complex machine to master. Each product is designed to provide education and entertainment for users. Xbox controller and HUD interface support do not come as standard and users will need to read the accompanying documentation to fully understand the operation of this advanced simulation.
About the GameThe TRAXX series of electric locomotives from Bombardier is responsible for many of Germany’s more modern freight and passenger locomotives, including the BR 145, now available for Train Simulator.
The mainline BR 145 was derived from the prototype locomotive 128 001, built by AEG and Henschel as an experimental high-performance electric locomotive as a test bed for new technology. This prototype paved the way for an order of 80 BR 145 locomotives in 1997 by Deutsche Bahn AG, specifically for medium-weight freight operations on the German rail network.
In 2000 a derivative locomotive, the BR 146, was developed specifically for passenger services, adapted for higher speed running; however, over time the BR 145 was also pressed in passenger service, albeit with a top speed of 140 km/h (87mph) but equally capable of hauling local Regio passenger trains.
The BR 145 for Train Simulator is available in Deutsche Bahn ‘Traffic Red’ livery as it can be seen hauling passenger services across Germany. The locomotive is fitted with PZB, AFB and SIFA in-cab signalling and driver safety devices, alongside Eurofima passenger coaches.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the DB BR 145 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Hamburg-Hanover and The Rhine Railway: Mannheim - Karlsruhe routes (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
ScenariosFour scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route:
- Simple Controls Training: DB BR 145
- Expert Controls Training: DB BR 145
- It’s Snow Trouble
- Northbound Passenger
Three scenarios for The Rhine Railway: Mannheim - Karlsruhe route:
- Karlsruhe Express
- Race Day Special: Part 1
- Race Day Special: Part 2
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
- BR 145 in Deutsche Bahn ‘Traffic Red’ livery
- PZB, AFB and SIFA in-cab signalling and driver safety devices
- Eurofima passenger coaches
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover and The Rhine Railway: Mannheim-Karlsruhe routes
- Download size: 132mb
- OS: Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos