About the GameSet approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the halls of Rapture once again echo with sins of the past. Along the Atlantic coastline, a monster has been snatching little girls and bringing them back to the undersea city of Rapture. Players step into the boots of the most iconic denizen of Rapture, the Big Daddy, as they travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers and their own survival.
Multiplayer in BioShock 2 will provide a rich prequel experience that expands the origins of the BioShock fiction. Set during the fall of Rapture, players assume the role of a Plasmid test subject for Sinclair Solutions, a premier provider of Plasmids and Tonics in the underwater city of Rapture that was first explored in the original BioShock. Players will need to use all the elements of the BioShock toolset to survive, as the full depth of the BioShock experience is refined and transformed into a unique multiplayer experience that can only be found in Rapture.
- Evolution of the Genetically Enhanced Shooter: Innovative advances bring new depth and dimension to each encounter. New elements, such as the ability to dual-wield weapons and Plasmids, allow players to create exciting combination's of punishment
- Return to Rapture: Set approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the story continues with an epic, more intense journey through one of the most captivating and terrifying fictional worlds ever created
- You are the Big Daddy: Take control of BioShock’s signature and iconic symbol by playing as the Big Daddy, and experience the power and raw strength of Rapture’s most feared denizens as you battle powerful new enemies
- Continuation of the Award-Winning Narrative: New and unique storytelling devices serve as the vehicle for the continuation of one of gaming’s most acclaimed storylines
- The Protector Trials: You receive the call: Tenenbaum desperately needs you to steal as much ADAM as possible, to help thwart Sofia Lamb's insane plan. Enter the Protector Trials: frantic combat challenges designed to push your mastery of weapons and Plasmids to the limit. The goal in each Trial is simple: get your Little Sister to an ADAM-rich corpse and keep her safe while she gathers precious ADAM. Opposition mounts as your Little Sister nears her goal -- will you survive the onslaught? Each Trial features three unique weapon and Plasmid load-outs, keeping the challenge fresh, as well as a fourth bonus load-out the player receives when all previous load-outs are completed
- Genetically Enhanced Multiplayer: Earn experience points during gameplay to earn access to new Weapons, Plasmids and Tonics that can be used to create hundreds of different combinations, allowing players to develop a unique character that caters to their playing style.
- Experience Rapture’s Civil War: Players will step into the shoes of Rapture citizens and take direct part in the civil war that tore Rapture apart.
- See Rapture Before the Fall: Experience Rapture before it was reclaimed by the ocean and engage in combat over iconic environments in locations such as Kashmir Restaurant and Mercury Suites, all of which have been reworked from the ground up for multiplayer.
- FPS Veterans Add Their Touch to the Multiplayer Experience: Digital Extremes brings more than 10 years of first person shooter experience including development of award-winning entries in the Unreal® and Unreal Tournament® franchise.
- Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack: Opportunity Awaits! Expand your BioShock 2 multiplayer experience with a rank increase to 50 with Rank Rewards including a 3rd set of weapons upgrades. Plus, enjoy 20 new Trials, 2 new playable characters and 5 new Masks. Yes! We’d thought you’d like the sound of that!
- Rapture Metro: As one of our valued Sinclair Solutions testers, we specially invite you to enjoy the pleasure of Rebirth! But only if you are truly dedicated and fully ranked up. However all testers are eligible for the 6 new maps in Rapture Metro. What’s your golf handicap? Take this chance to turn your handicap into your enemy’s with this fresh melee mode where every blunt object is a golf club. No putting.
- Zigo & Blanche: Enroll in Sinclair Solution’s Consumer Rewards Program with two new characters for the BioShock 2 Multiplayer experience: Mlle Blanche de Glace, the internationally acclaimed actress, or Zigo D’Acosta, one of Rapture’s great sailors. Get out there and start earning those rewards!
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.4Ghz or better, Intel Pentium 4 530 3.0Ghz Processor or better
- Memory: 2GB
- Graphics: NVIDIA 7800GT 256MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon X1900 256MB graphics card or better
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 11GB
- Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or onboard sound
- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core 2.60Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Dual Core 2.13Ghz
- Memory: 3GB
- Graphics: NVIDIA 8800GT 512MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon HD4830 512MB graphics card or better
- Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection; software installations required including Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries, Microsoft DirectX.
Mac OS X
- OS: 10.9.5
- Processor: 2 GHz
- Memory: 4GB
- Graphics: 256 MB The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and NVIDIA 9400.
- Hard Drive: 18GB
- OS: 10.10.5
- Processor: 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 4GB
- Graphics: 512 MB The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and NVIDIA 9400.
- Hard Drive: 18GB
Found your way back into the ruins of Rapture.
Used the Hack Tool to hack an object at a distance.
Defended yourself against Lamb's assault in the train station.
Upgraded a Weapon
Upgraded a weapon at a Power to the People Station.
Adopted a Little Sister
Adopted a new Little Sister for the first time.
Joined forces with Sinclair in Ryan Amusements.
Hacked one of each kind of machine.
Researched a Splicer with the Research Camera.
Bought a Slot
Bought one Plasmid or Tonic Slot at a Gatherer's Garden.
Defended yourself against the Big Sister without dying.
Confronted Lamb's lieutenant in Pauper's Drop.
Spent 2000 dollars at Vending Machines.
Fully Upgraded a Weapon
Installed the third upgrade to a weapon.
Defeated the Preacher
Defeated the Preacher.
Defeated 3 Big Daddies without dying during the fight.
Nose for News
Uncovered the secret of Dionysus Park.
Fully Upgraded a Plasmid
Fully upgraded one Plasmid to the Level 3 version.
Found Lamb's Hideout
Gained access to Lamb's stronghold.
Reunited with your original Little Sister.
Heading to the Surface
Headed to the surface on the side of Sinclair's escape pod.
Gathered 600 ADAM with Little Sisters.
Dealt with Every Little Sister
Dealt with every Little Sister.
Hacked 30 machines at a distance with the Hack Tool.
Look at You, Hacker
Killed 50 enemies using only hacked Security.
Max Plasmid Slots
Fully upgraded to the maximum number of Plasmid Slots.
Killed 30 enemies using only Traps.
One Research Track
Maxed out one Research Track.
Killed an enemy with its own projectile.
Got through a Gather with no damage and no one getting to the Little Sister.
Saved every Little Sister and spared Grace, Stanley and Gil.
Found 100 audio diaries.
Killed a Lancer Big Daddy
Big Brass Balls
Finished the game without using Vita-Chambers.
All Weapon Upgrades
Found every Power to the People weapon upgrade in the game.
Reached Rapture Central Computing Operations
Found or purchased all 11 basic Plasmid types.
Root Access Granted
Reached Computer Core Access
Wrested control of the Thinker from Reed Wahl
Escaped Minerva's Den
Resolved all the Little Sisters in Minerva's Den
Scored your first kill in a non-private match.
Welcome to Rapture
Completed your first non-private match.
Against All Odds
Finished the game on the hardest difficulty level.
Paid your respects to the founder of Rapture.
Completed all research on every subject in Rapture.
Destroyed all 10 Vacuum Bots in Minerva's Den
Won your first non-private match.
Earned 6 stars in the Protector Trials
Became a Big Daddy for the first time in a non-private match.
Collected 100% of the ADAM in a single Protector Trial
"Mr. Bubbles-- No!"
Took down your first Big Daddy in a non-private match.
Earned 18 stars in the Protector Trials
Get a Bigger Bucket
Collected 50% of the ADAM available in all Protector Trials
Completed your first trial in a non-private match.
Trial By Fire
Earned 36 stars in the Protector Trials
Got 9999 points in one game of Spitfire
Enemy of the Family
Earned an A rank in all Protector Trials
Completed all bonus Protector Trials
Achieved Rank 10.
Saved your first Little Sister in a non-private match.
Played at least one non-private match on each downloadable content map.
Achieved Rank 20.
Man About Town
Played at least one non-private match on each multiplayer map.
Used Rebirth to start again!
Won a non-private match in each of the 6 new maps.
Choose the Impossible
Achieved Rank 40.
Achieved Rank 30.