New Content for PC
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will include an untold chapter in the world of Lordran. Sent back to the past, player will discover the story when Knight Artorias still lives.
- New Bosses – Including Black Dragon, Sanctuary Guardian, Artorias of the Abyss.
- PVP Arena & Online Matchmaking System – Quick matching for players to play 1vs1, 2vs2 and 4 player battle royal.
- New Areas – Including Oolacile Township, Oolacile Sanctuary, Royal Wood, Battle of Stoicism which is the training ground for online PVP battles.
- New Enemies – Including Wooden scarecrows, Chained Prisoner, Stone Knight.
- New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough, Elizabeth (keeper of the sanctuary).
- New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
Dark Souls is the new action role-playing game from the developers who brought you Demon’s Souls, FromSoftware. Dark Souls will have many familiar features: A dark fantasy universe, tense dungeon crawling, fearsome enemy encounters and unique online interactions. Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demon’s, not a sequel. Prepare for a new, despair-inducing world, with a vast, fully-explorable horizon and vertically-oriented landforms. Prepare for a new, mysterious story, centered around the the world of Lodran, but most of all, prepare to die. You will face countless murderous traps, countless darkly grotesque mobs and several gargantuan, supremely powerful demons and dragons bosses. You must learn from death to persist through this unforgiving world. And you aren’t alone. Dark Souls allows the spirits of other players to show up in your world, so you can learn from their deaths and they can learn from yours. You can also summon players into your world to co-op adventure, or invade other's worlds to PVP battle. New to Dark Souls are Bonfires, which serve as check points as you fight your way through this epic adventure. While rested at Bonfires, your health and magic replenish but at a cost, all mobs respawn. Beware: There is no place in Dark Souls that is truly safe. With days of game play and an even more punishing difficulty level, Dark Souls will be the most deeply challenging game you play this year. Can you live through a million deaths and earn your legacy?
- Extremely Deep, Dark & Difficult – Unforgiving in its punishment, yet rewarding for the determined – learn to strategize freely and conquer seemingly impossible challenges.
- Fully Seamless World – Explore a completely integrated world of dark fantasy where dungeons and areas are seamlessly intertwined, with great height.
- Mastery Earns Progression – Contains 60 hours of gameplay, with nearly 100 uniquely despair-inducing monsters & an incredibly nuanced RPG systems including: weaponry, armor, miracles, faith, and more. Player success depends on their eventual mastery of how and when to use the magic spells, choice of armor, the number of weapons, the types of weapons, and the moves attached to the weapons.
- Network Play – Players may cross paths with one another, invading each other for PVP battles, or to play co-op and take on giant boss encounters as a team.
- Flexible Character Development & Role Play – As the player progresses, they must carefully choose which of their character’s abilities to enhance as this will determine their progression style.
- Community – See other real players and empathize with their journey, learn from seeing how others died, find and leave messages for your fellow players; helping them or leading them into death.
- Symbolic of Life & Hope – The Bonfire is an important feature in Dark Souls for many reasons. Though in gameplay it serves as a health and magic recovery and a progression check point, it also happens to be the one place in the dark world where players can find a fleeting moment of warmth and calm.
- OS: Windows XP , Windows Vista, Windows 7, or newer
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 GHz+ or AMD Phenom II X2 545 3.0 GHz+
- Memory: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 4GB
- Video Card: GeForce 9800 GTX+ or ATI Radeon HD 4870+
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Sound: Direct Sound Compatible
- Additional: Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended.
First thing i wanted to say about the game itself, it's the hardest masterpiece I have ever played. For me it's really difficult game, maybe I wasn't "devoted" to it enough or something but still, didn't got as far as I'd like to get because it really takes time. Besides screams, broken controllers and rage quits, game offers us a really interesting way of telling us bits of story (i recommend reading everything, it's really interesting but easy to skip) and many breathtaking views. Hope that one day I'll be able to finish this game ^^
+ Unique graphics that provide us with lots of beautiful views
+ Truly epic atmosphere, not only during boss fights
+ Astonishing and diverse level design, surprising how everything is connected (yeah, whole game is accually one, connected in various ways level)
+ While leveling, player get more and more skilled together with character
+ Creative multiplayer in game that merges into singleplayer
+ Overally good sound effects and soundtrack
+ Nice ammount of armory to choose from, player easily can match it to his own playstyle
+ High replay value as here, every step matters
- Horrible PC port, practically unplayable without controller
- 30fps lock, if you wish to you can unlock it with some mods but it might result in some errors
- Many multiplayer issues
- Lacks a little bit of tutorial for new players