The Horse Lords Collection contains the Horse Lords expansion, related unit packs, portraits and the soundtrack.
Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords is the ninth expansion for the best-selling strategy RPG Crusader Kings II, bringing players expanded gameplay based around the dynamic and vibrant nomadic cultures of the Eurasian steppes. In Horse Lords, you will be able to take anything from a smaller nomadic tribe to a great horde and start building your empire from horseback.
- Tarim Basin and large parts of Mongolia added to map.
- Nomadic government available for steppe cultures. These function in a radically different way from sedentary societies - you manage populations instead of holdings, and armies are raised based on population size. Also, the ruler’s power must be balanced against the interests of the various Clans within the realm (Clans are not normal vassals, but rather distinct families and factions within the nomad group).
- Over a hundred new events add extra color and flair to the Steppes and Central Asia.
- Non-nomadic rulers will have special options for combating nomads, such as constructing forts in wild enemy lands.
- The Silk Road, with corresponding dynamic trade mechanics and conflicts.
- Mongol invasions reworked.
- New nomad mercenaries. Send your unruly sons or brothers away as soldiers of fortune.
- Landless raiding adventurers may appear and harass a region for a time or try to conquer land and settle.
- New diplomacy option: Tributary States.
- New Central Asian cultures.
The Horse Lords Collection additional contents:
- Mongol Unit Pack
- This unit pack adds seven new unit models exclusively for the Mongol culture.
- Early Frankish, Early Germanic & Italian Unit Packs
- These unit packs that adds unique unit models for early Frankish and early Germanic cultures, as well as units for Italian, Roman and Lombard cultures.
- Cuman Portraits Packs
- The Cuman Portraits pack adds thousands of unique face combinations for male and female characters of the Cuman culture group.
- Songs of the Steppes Music Pack
- These songs run while playing ruler among any of the steppe cultures of CKII
Summon your warriors, gather the horde. Saddle up and ride out to conquer - Persia, Europe and India all await their new master!
This expansion introduces a number of new systems and game mechanics, for example a completely new government form and the possibility of having tributary states. You can also expand and control trade on the ancient Silk Road in order to finance your conquests - but beware - others will also try to gain control of these lucrative routes, and enemy raiders may try to destroy your trade posts if you don’t guard them well.
Can you build a Pax Mongolica and dominate Eurasia, connecting East and West under your rule and creating a new era of prosperity? Or will you be the terrible sword that cuts down what others have built, crushing all in your path?
The time has come to take the reins of history. You can become the Great Khan!