HexWar Games has partnered with Plastic Soldier Company to bring you a digital version of Commands & Colors: The Great War board game. The game allow players to portray important engagements throughout WWI history. The battles focus on the historical deployment of forces and important terrain features of trench fighting in scale with the game system.
The scale of the game is flexible and varies from battle to battle. For some scenarios, a few infantry units may represent an entire wing of a larger battle, while in other scenarios a unit may represent just a few brave soldiers going over the top. The Command card system drives movement, creates a “fog of war” and presents players with many interesting opportunities; while the battle dice resolve combat quickly and efficiently.
The Combat cards add an element of suspense and will challenge players to coordinate their use in a timely manner. Overall, the battlefield tactics players will need to execute to gain victory conform remarkably well to the strengths and limitations of the various types of WWI units, their weapons, battlefield terrain, and written history.
- 15 scenarios set during the most infamous battles on the western front
- Over 50 unique combat and command cards to simulate tactical and strategic choices
- Make strategic choices faithful to the era with machine guns, trenches, riflemen and bombers
- Lay waste to the World War 1 era battlefield with artillery strikes
- Play as German, British or Canadian combatants
- Commands and Colours - Opening Action 1
- Commands and Colours - Opening Action 2
- Loos (2nd Division Diversionary Attack) - 25 September 1915
- Loos (Hohenzollern Redoubt) - 25 September 1915
- Loos (German Counter-Attack) - 27 September 1915
- Loos (Fight for The Trenches) - 29 September To 3 October 1915
- Loos (Renewed British Offensive) - 13-14 October 1915
- Somme (Hawthorn Ridge Mine Explosion) - 1 July 1916
- Somme (Mash Valley & La Boisselle ) - 1 July 1916
- Somme (Sausage Valley & La Boisselle) - 1 July 1916
- Somme (Mametz) - 1 July 1916
- Somme (Mametz Wood) - 7-10 July 1916
- Vimy Ridge (1st & 2nd Canadian Infantry Divisions) - 9 April 1917
- Vimy Ridge (Hill 145) - 9-10 April 1917
- Vimy Ridge (The Pimple) - 12 April 1917
- Vimy Ridge (Bois-En-Hache) - 12 April 1917
- OS: Windows XP SP2+
- Menory: 2 GB RAM
- Video Card: DX9 (shader model 2.0) capabilities
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 800 MB available
Mac OS X
- OS: Mac OS X 10.8+
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Storage: 800 MB avaialble
Roll a burst side when in ranged combat but only rolling a single die.
Win while playing as the British side in any scenario.
Berlin in 15 Days
While playing as the British side win a victory medal by occupying an enemy trench.
Add a shell crater to the battlefield either by mortar attack or offboard artillery.
Caught in the Crossfire
Lose a unit to machine gun fire from two separate enemy units attacking in crossfire.
Duck and Cover
Rolled 30 burst dice in combat during a single match.
Bleed them White
Win a scenario, that is not the opening tutorial scenarios, by eliminating enemy units only.
Win while playing as the German side in any scenario.
Win a match where your opponent has not won a single victory medal.
Use the command card artillery bombard alongside the combat card box barrage.
Rolled 20 deadly die side will rolling in close combat.
Use the tactician combat card to order 4 or more battlefield units.
Stalling for Time
Collect 3 victory medals by playing recon cards in a single match.
Win while playing as the Canadian side in any scenario.
Break through with a unit for one victory medal while controlling the Canadian side.
Roll 10 deadly die sides while in artillery combat and rolling for hits on the target hex.
Mine, all mine!
Take control of mine crater previously held by an opponent for 1 victory medal, or 2 victory medal swing.
Victory on the Western Front
Achieve victory playing as the British side in all scenarios featuring this side.
Achieve victory playing as the Canadian side in all scenarios featuring this side.
The Schlieffen Plan
Achieve victory playing as the German side in all scenarios featuring this side.
Complete first multiplayer match.