New Batman Game Being Developed by Telltale Games, Set to Release in 2016
Tired of WB ruining every potential Batman games? What a time to be alive, as Telltale Gameshas announced development of a brand new Batman game set to be released in 2016.
Originally posted by Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games:“At Telltale, we’ve been honored to bring our unique approach to interactive storytelling to some of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world, and we’re excited to announce that we’ll soon be exploring what it means to be Batman in an all-new series starting next year. This iteration of Batmanwill give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy.”
Telltale Games is known for developing games with brilliant storylines and massive player interactions. Their best work includes the likes of bringing famous series and movies to gaming-life such as Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, as well as many other wonderful original games.
Telltale Games' Batman game is set for release in 2016 on home consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile devices.
Watch the teaser trailer here.
Video Game Awards Winners, Hideo Kojima Barred from Entering Award Show
As most of you may know, the annual Video Game Awards took place just recently on December 3, 2015 in Las Vegas. Here are the listed award winners:
- Best Performance: Viva Seifert – Her Story
- Best Multiplayer: Splatoon
- eSports Game of the Year: Counter Strike: Global Offensive
- Best Score/Soundtrack: Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
- Best Mobile/Handheld Game: Lara Croft GO
- Best Fighting Game: Mortal Kombat X
- Developer of the Year: CD Projekt Red
- Best Sports/Racing Game: Rocket League
- Best Art Direction: Ori and the Blind Forest
- Games for Impact: Life is Strange
- Best Narrative: Her Story
- Industry Icon: Brett Sperry and Lewis Castle (Westwood studios – Command and Conquer series)
- Best Independent Game: Rocket League
- Game of the Year: The Witcher: Wild Hunt
- Best Action/Adventure Game: Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
- Best Role-Playing Game: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (CD Projekt Red/Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Family Game: Super Mario Maker FAN'S CHOICE:
- Most Anticipated Game: Uncharted 4
- eSports Team of the Year: Optic Gaming
- Trending Gamer: Greg Miller (formerly of IGN; Kinda Funny Games)
- Best Fan Creation: Portal Stories: Mel
Those of you watching the award show may also be aware of Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima's absence.
Kojima was scheduled to be at the show, however he no-showed and Kiefer Sutherland who starred in the game accepted the Best Action Game award for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain instead, before host Geoff Keighley explained Kojima’s absence, accompanied by the massive crowd's jeers and boos.
Originally posted by Keighley:"As you noticed. Hideo Kojima is not here with us tonight and I want to tell you a little about that. Mr. Kojima had every intention of being with us tonight, but unfortunately he was informed by a lawyer representing Konami just recently that he would not be allowed to travel to tonight’s awards ceremony to accept any awards. He’s still under an employment contract. And it’s disappointing. And it’s inconceivable to me that an artist like Hideo would not be allowed to come here and celebrate with his peers and his fellow teammates.”
Kojima’s long-term employment status has been a mystery since Konami refused to declare anything of it. In October, the company denied that he had left, saying he was “on vacation”. However, it’s widely speculated that Kojima will formally depart in 2016.
Steam Now Allows You to Permanently Remove Games from Your Library
Do you own a game you absolutely despise, and want none of your Steam friends to know you actually stumbled upon the likes of a video game as vile and revolting? Rejoice! Steam has added a new feature enabling you to remove any game you do not wish to ever exist in your Steam account. Try it out for yourself on Steam's help site.
It should be noted that this feature DOES NOT grant you a refund, and part of bundles can’t be removed individually, meaning the entire bundle has to go. This includes Steam bundles and games that shares the same key (like the ones you get from bundle sites).